The Electric Shock Drowning Prevention Association
The Electric Shock Drowning Prevention Association is a 501(c) nonprofit organization devoted to saving the lives of those who frequent our recreational waters. We invite you to browse our website to learn how to protect your family from the danger of Electric Shock Drowning. Awareness is the first step to preventing such a tragedy from occurring to your family and friends. Our mission is to save lives, and our objectives are listed below:
1) To prevent injuries and loss of life due to Electric Shock Drowning (ESD) and water-related electrocutions.
2) To promote the understanding of the mechanisms of Electric Shock Drowning so individuals know how this happens.
3) To recognize and spread awareness to high risk areas.
4) To provide a resource for the investigation of all drownings of a suspicious nature so that Electric Shock Drownings are properly identified.
5) To identify prevention measures for Electric Shock Drowning using American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC), National Fire Protection Association, and National Electrical (NEC) standards, and other existing technology.
6) To enlist you to help in a nationwide effort to prevent these tragedies from occurring.
SUPPORT THE ESDPA!! Join us in our effort to save lives through a small contribution to the ESDPA. It is easy and tax deductible. All funds received by the ESDPA go to support the information campaign to educate everyone on the dangers of ESD. Click here to contribute through our current GoFundMe campaign!
State of Tennessee is proactive in preventing ESD
Mike Holt produced video on ESD with ESDPA member, Ed Lethert
Order a "NO SWIMMING" Sign
Take the time to learn about Lucas's story and Electric Shock Drowning through Safe Electricity.org's TLC Campaign
NFPA & ESFI PSA on ESD
Mike Holt discusses NEC 2011, 555.3 requirement for ground fault protection in Marinas