Download Free ESDPA No Swimming Signs:
Online Electric Shock Drowning Resources:
- Boat U.S. Electric Shock Drowning Resource Center
- Energy Education Council (EEC) 2014 TLC Campaign - Lucas's Story
- Electrical Safety Foundation (ESFi): Boating and Marina Safety
Articles on Electric Shock Drowning:
- ESD Explained by Beth Leonard. July 2013 Seaworthy article that explains why ESD occurs and what can be done about it.
- ESD Tech Talk by Beth Leonard. July 2013 Seaworthy article
- Does Death Lurk Below? by Mike Telleria. May 2013 Boating Magazine article
- A preventable Dockside Tragedy, by Kevin Ritz. October 2009 Seaworthy article about ESD and losing his son, Lucas.
Reference Materials on Electric Shock Drowning:
- Electric Shock Drowning Incident List - Updated 2/2/17
- The Fire Protection Research Foundation Report, Assessment of Hazardous Voltage / Current in Marinas, Boatyards and Floating Buildings, National Fire Protection Association
- "Hot Docks, Hot Boats, and Electric Shock Drowning". Kevin Ritz's ABYC Webinar on ESD
- In-Water Shock Hazard Mitigation Strategies, Final Report dated October 1, 2008, by James D. Shafer and Capt. David E. Rifkin (USN, Ret).
- NEC 2011 Marina Ground-Fault Protection 555.3 by MIke Holt. Mike discusses the change in the National Electric Code that requires ground fault protection at marinas.
- Electric Shock Drowning... The Invisible Killer II Marina Electrical Safety - Part II by Chris Dolan
- Extension Cords on Docks and at the Lake, by Ed Lethert